Monday, April 1, 2013

EAT. EAT. LOVE.

While everybody hit the beach last Saturday, Eric and I had some "tummy filling" moments. Eric was craving for halo-halo along the streets of the city and I was just about to have my mind set to start on my 3rd round of GM diet on Monday (which is today) but I gave in eventually. He didn't even have to persuade me. The city was free from traffic, it was nice to drive around. Also, it was summery hot and windy at the same time.. how can you not resist a cool serving of halo-halo during that time! We drove around for a while until we found a little store along Airport Rd. and parked under a shady "damortis" tree.

Across the street was an ol' "panaderia" with mouthwatering "tinapay" varieties and old school cakes with the fluffy egg-white and sugar icing that almost tastes like marshmallows! After halo-halo we just had to help ourselves with a slice of cake and a super cold coke! We ate our cakes in the car and decided to go home but drove to Bolo's Empanada stand at San Nicolas just because we saw someone eating empanada on the side of the street. :D I had mine with mega-mega ketchup squeezed all over, I had to eat it with spoon and fork while Eric had a bowl of Miki. We finished off with 2 sticks each of "isaw." *burp* Oh, and a cold bottle of soft drink!

On our way back to Laoag, we noticed the sky was really pretty and decided to savor the sunset on the dike, just by the side of the river. Before we left, Eric was in the mood for a jump shot which is surprising so... anyway, I had my turn with the camera too but it was all "meh", my hair was all over the place.

Enjoy the photos everyone!
IMG_7622
IMG_7641
IMG_7638
IMG_7628
IMG_7630
IMG_7635
IMG_7640
IMG_7643
IMG_7644
IMG_7648
IMG_7646
IMG_7655
IMG_7659
IMG_7664
IMG_7669
IMG_7671
IMG_7675
IMG_7676
IMG_7678
IMG_7680
IMG_7690
IMG_7698

No comments:

Post a Comment